Wednesday 31 August 2011

Man I feel like a Woman!

Wednesday is not only hump day, but also LADIES NIGHT! Singapore bars and clubs serve women free drinks with no cover charge at the door....damn straight, Women Power! One reason to love being a lady! (besides the terrifying stages of pregnancy, menopause, mood swings, period cramps...the list goes on!)

For dinner, we went into Chinatown and ate Austrian sausages! Funny, right? These sausages were fabulous though! Dominik knew of a place called, "Erich's Wuerstelstand" in the heart of Chinatown. I ordered the Kaiserkrainer (sausage with cheese in it) and a soft pretzel... sooo good! Fiona and I ended up buying another sausage, Frankfurt because the sausages were that damn good. The meal was pricer than the typical S$2.50, but it was totally worth it! After enjoying my Austrian meal, it was off to Clarke Quay bridge!

We went to "Cheers" (another version of 711) and bought beers to indulge on the bridge. There were beautiful lanterns and lit blown-up creatures and ships, I'm not too sure what the occassion was, but it was very nice to see. On the bridge, it was just me, Lizzi, Fiona, Dominik, Alex, Campbell, and two German girls Fiona is friends with. We just chilled out and enjoyed cold beer in the humid, thick air. I was pretty attractive with the amount of sweat running down my face and neck....mmmm mmm sexy! After literally swimming in my own sweat, it was about time to head off to Arena (me, Fiona, and Lizzi).

What we thought was going to be a "chill" night, turned out to be a "wild" and successful night! There was a live band singing the most recent pop music, which was really good! We took full advantage of the free drinks, going back in the queue (line) once our glasses were clinking with ice in them. Although it was just us 3, it was still a lot of fun and just cozy. We met up with Annemette and Andy at the fountain, which is in the middle of Clarke Quay. They are an adorable couple! Such nice people, big smiles and sweet personalities! They joined us at Arena; we sat at a table, chatted and chilled out. After a couple of hours, they left to go to bed... I should have done the same thing, but what the hell! I really need to catch up with my ZZZZ's.

Fiona, Lizzi, and I refilled our drinks over and over... hey it was free! don't judge! We danced all night and even on the stage...which was only for ladies! I saw a boy trying to get up there, and the security guy pushed him right down. Poor guy.... Man it feels good to be a woman! We ended up meeting some guys who gave us their drinks, so basically we bought $0.00 for drinks! SCORE! As I mentioned, although it was just the 3 of us, we had a blast! The song, "Nobody Nobdy But You" came on...from then on, I knew it was going to be a great night. That song cannot get away from me!

Scoot over Fridays, Wednesdays may be my new favorite day! [FREE BOOZE]

I am now on Week 4 (out of 13) of classes... I cannot believe how fast this month went by. I feel like I have been here much longer. I have made great friends and memories. I cannot wait to see what comes in the next weekends and months. Recess week comes up at the end of September, and off to Melbourne, Australia I go! ................One downfall: the work is starting to build up along with group work assignments. I hope I can balance out both, without getting academically or socially hurt/screwed!

This weekend, we have plans ahead of us and I SOO look forward to tomorrow afternoon which is FRIDAY! Until next post, Much love from the Chatty Chong! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment