Friday 12 August 2011

Yesterday was Thursday. Today is Friday.

"Yesterday was Thursday. Today is Friday" is what my professor said this morning...he definitely listened to some Rebecca Black this morning haha.

This week was the first week of lectures! Tutorials start up (along with lectures) next week! I'm excited for classes---I enjoy communications and marketing...call me a nerd! Add/Drop is stressful here! Right now, I'm trying to drop 2 courses to add a marketing and advertising course...wish me luck!!!

Everything so far is good here in Singapore. The pools with the palm trees are just great...when I'm not in class..you can find me at the pool! I've been hanging out with the Canadian and UK/Scottish girls a lot...they are just wonderful people, all down to earth, and remind me of my friends from the US which is a GREAT thing.. I feel comfortable in my skin when I am with them.

One downfall: I'm SICK  =(  
I have a terrible cough which hurts, runny/stuffed up nose, headaches and stomach pains... I really think it's cause my body is trying to adjust the new life I am encountering which includes the food, the weather, and so on... I visited the Med. Centre and the doctor gave me 6 different medicines... 6! The Asians love their meds! Because of my illness, I have to skip out on a weekend in Malaysia....DAMN! But, I will spend great times with the UK/Scottish group---such a nice group of people.

I am so happy with the friends I have made here so far. It's so cool to have international friends and to see their way of life and the way they speak. I think it's funny when people say that I have such a "strong American accent" haha.

So for now, I am being a loser and staying in so I can get better... sleep is the best remedy when you're sick...so I'm off to shower and bed... Until next time, Much love from the Chatty Chong!

No comments:

Post a Comment