Sunday 21 August 2011

Finally, the zoo!

Hello my US/International loversssssss!

After an hour and a half of traveling on the bus and mrt, we finally made it to the zoo! We were all so dead tired, but once we saw the sign that read, "Singapore Zoo," there was a rush of adrenaline that sparked excitement as we entered the area. With our bellies growling away, we decided to settle down with KFC for lunch rather than your typical rice and noodles. Now if you know me, I NEVER put fast-food in my mouth at home, but in Singapore, I time to time need a taste of greasy, nasty, American fast-food, and today was that day. I had a spicy chicken sandwich with of course KFC mashed potatoes and gravy, oddly it tasted soo damn good at that moment, but afterward I felt like crap...oops, my B.

As we entered the zoo area, we were greeted with two monkeys hanging out in the tree, and of course, cameras were ripped out of handbags and were shot right away. It was the hottest day ever; if you did not sweat, then something was clearly wrong with you. We saw so many animals!!! From elephants to kangaroos to lemurs and even manatees, there were a large range of animals from different countries all over the world! It was a huge zoo with lots of beautiful nature as well. Singapore is a very beautiful place, from the city to woodlands. I felt like I was walking around NTU campus though because of the size!

Okay real quick, I need to go off on a tangent.....last night, Lizzi, A.M., Katie and I went to Beer Fest at the staff bar and I had the MOST AMAZING drink ever! It was Brothers Toffee Apple Cider. It was soooooo damn good and tasted even better after a long day at the Water Park. At Beer Fest, I walked up and down to spot any [American] beers, like good ol Budlight, Coors, or my faveeeeeeee Corona Extra Lime....but none, a little depressing hahaha, but I settled with Brothers and it was life-changing! All this beer made me think of good ol Zen and Murphy's on York Road, the sticky bar table and people shoving you....ahhhh Loyola..

Ok back to the zoo, see what happens when you go abroad in Europe or Asia, the drinking age is legal and all us Americans think about is... BEER (alcohol)...anywho, on a sober subject, the zoo was phenomenol. I was very impressed, especially with this one exhibit called, "Fragile Forest." Although I was dodging and running away from flying birds, butterflies, oh and an iguana (no big deal), it was amazing, and I was glad I did it! I posed next to a lemur that was literally a foot away from me. The animals are set free and actually, flying ducks almost knocked over my friends! After that little mishap, I decided to walk with caution. Also, I think I sweated even more not because of the heat, but from being scared of the animals..oops?

We were all dead by 5pm, you could tell from our faces, with bags under our eyes, frowns (well me haha), and the occassional big yawns, it was time to go! After our 1.5 hour travel this morning, we were not looking forward to the deathly trip of the bus and mrt, so we decided to take a cab. Considering the fact that there were 13 of us, we were screwed. We finally found a van that fit 13 of us.. SCORE! Half of us were passed out (including myself) haha. After a 20 minute drive....let me say that again.. 20 MINUTES...we ended up at Pioneer Station hawker center. I had a DELICIOUS meal that I swallowed whole. People probably thought I hadn't eaten for days...def. felt like it! After that, we decided to go back to campus. The girls are off to a move in the Chem building, I decided to go back and be a loser, shower, skype Mama Chong, read (HA), and sleep early, since tomorrow is Hell day, I mean Monday. We're thinking of Bali this weekend! Hopefully it all works out because we are off next Monday and Tuesday! What's up 4 day weekend?!? Until next time, sending YOU some international love from the Chatty Chong!


P.S. Any evergreens reading this-----HATE YOU ALL because fall o is coming up! miss you all! know that I am thinking of you, yes you! No one's loud as me, so Justine has proudly offered to be Shannon Chong in the fall hahaha. LYLAS...TJ IS SOOO HAWWWWT.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Shannon! Yes TJ is soo hott!! Sounds like you are enjoying Singapore!!

    ReplyDelete