Friday 5 August 2011

Toes in the Water & Ass in the Sand

Today we went to a beach on Sentosa Island---absolutely beautiful place to visit in Singapore. The weather was perfect--humid as usual but sunny with a gentle breeze on the beach. It took about close to an hour to get to the Island, but it is well worth it. In Singapore, public transportation and walking is the best form of transportation and CHEAP too! As I was laying on the sand and swimming in the perfect bath-water ocean, I freezed in the moment and could not believe what I was doing, it was almost a dream...I just cannot believe I am halfway across the world on this beautiful island. At that very moment, I was content and happy (even more!) about my life, plus I was in the sun with a cold Tiger beer in my hand---what more could I ask for????  After relaxing and enjoying my tropical day, we met up with the Canadian girls in Chinatown.

Chinatown was just what I imagine---crazy, loud, busy, and hectic. It was like real China but in Singapore. There were lots of venues and shopping streets all over the place, where people would try to drag you into their stores or restaurants so they can basically empty out your wallet haha. I love culture and seeing different things, so Chinatown was the best move. I walked up and down the shops and touched everything--when am I ever going to do this again? I took full advantage. I did not buy anything because I want to wait until I visit Thailand (before I splurge). We had dinner at this Chinese restaurant that was basically...ridiculous. They made you pay for peanuts and wet napkins! RIP-OFF! never going there again... The boys went to Clarke Quay tonight to the Ice Bar, although I wanted to go, I decided a sober night and plus I love shopping and boys really don't, so I spent time with Shelby, Jasmine and Kelly (from Canada). They are very personable and remind me of friends from home.

After Chinatown, I received a call from Robbie (from the UK) asking my whereabouts. He was waiting for us at a MRT stop so we could go to a similar Chinatown, where there are lots of shops and stuff. We met up with the UK/Scottish girls and Leo...we sat around and just conversed and shared stories, it was very nice to just catch up. Afterwards, we went on the MRT and headed back to NTU. I am exhausted from Sentosa and Chinatown, so off to bed! Until then, much love from the Chatty Chong!

P.S. Did you know education in some institutions are free in Europe? Whereas Loyola students pay a fortune and a leg or two! Why can't all education be free?? [Fun fact of the day/night]

1 comment:

  1. whattttt its free, totally wish thats how it was in the US

    ReplyDelete