Tuesday 15 November 2011

Why?

Why do good people leave our lives? Sure, in some cases, it may be for the better, but in other cases, when the people we truly care and love for leave....it is so much harder to say "goodbye" or even "see you later."

Nicholas the Greyhound, Jeff Kniple (director of LNSP/Evergreens--the man who kept the program stand on two feet), and Fr. Jack (one of the best Jesuits and leaders to ever step foot on Loyola's campus) are leaving/left.

I admire Fr. Jack. He has done good for me and my sisters (Jayne, Loyola graduate '09 and Meghan, current Loyola student, graduating in '15). You can find Fr. Jack in Campus Min, the FAC on the elliptical, or giving high 5's and hugs to students and faculty. He is a selfless man who has a warm heart, always open to giving back and creating a happier Loyola community. I'll miss him, saying "SHAN SHAN!" or "LC! (little Chong)" on campus or at the gym. He would stop and actually chat about my day or whatever was on my mind when I worked at the FAC's front desk. I am happy and proud to see him leave Loyola and continue his love for students and higher education as President of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School. I wish you the best, Fr. Jack!

In other Singaporean cases...........

Finals have approached! I have 3 on November 18, 28, and December 2. Between finals, I am going on a 5 day (Nov 18-23) holiday in Vietnam with two of my friends, Katie and Kirsty. We are going to explore Ho Chi Minh City and I'm pretty sure other places as well. I am excited to see another country with its unique culture and foods!

The Thailand and New Zealand kids are all home now, and soon the Australia kids too. It's so weird how everyone's going home now, slowly. I remember all the statuses ("10 days until abroad!" or "Bye America!") this summer, how happy and ready we were to go, now we all dread to leave, hahaha. In 17 days, I will be leaving and returning to the US. I am very excited to go home, but sooo sad to leave the life I have become comfortable with as well as the good people I have met.

Until next time (get ready for my Vietnam post next week!), Much love from the Chatty Chong xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment